Stranded

You’re stranded in a foreign city for a day with no money and no friends. Where do you go; what do you do?
Daily Prompt

This is a tough one. I've been in plenty of foreign cities without friends, but never without any money. That makes it a bit more difficult.

But... the question says that you're only stranded for a day, so the implication is that you don't have to worry about getting home. In which case I would chill out in a park or on a beach, enjoying the great outdoors. Maybe go for a wander around the city. Find tourist information and see what I can do for free.

Something a bit like one of my days in Portland, where I chilled out down by the river in Waterfront Park, and messing around in the fountain. Or this day in Washington Park, which I remember fondly despite apparently not being in too good a mental state at the time.




Now if I had to also consider getting home... I guess I would see if I could get some work somewhere or else find a police station to phone home! I know it's a bit of a dull answer, but I am a bit of a practical, sensible person.

Labels: , , ,

Sunday, 24 March 2013

Stranded

You’re stranded in a foreign city for a day with no money and no friends. Where do you go; what do you do?
Daily Prompt

This is a tough one. I've been in plenty of foreign cities without friends, but never without any money. That makes it a bit more difficult.

But... the question says that you're only stranded for a day, so the implication is that you don't have to worry about getting home. In which case I would chill out in a park or on a beach, enjoying the great outdoors. Maybe go for a wander around the city. Find tourist information and see what I can do for free.

Something a bit like one of my days in Portland, where I chilled out down by the river in Waterfront Park, and messing around in the fountain. Or this day in Washington Park, which I remember fondly despite apparently not being in too good a mental state at the time.




Now if I had to also consider getting home... I guess I would see if I could get some work somewhere or else find a police station to phone home! I know it's a bit of a dull answer, but I am a bit of a practical, sensible person.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home