Playlist of the Week

Tell us how your week went by putting together a playlist of songs that represent it.
Daily Prompt

My week has been one of forgetfulness, awkwardness and general rubbishness. I've been forgetting about doing basic things, a haircut appointment, and all the things people rely on me for. I used to be a reliable and responsible person, but I don't feel that way much now. I don't feel like a person who can help anyone with something they're going through, or a person who can do anyone a favour even. And the worse I get, the more I give myself a hard time, and then I get even worse, and so on.

I also had a couple of work events to go to this week. Networking has never been one of my strong points what with shyness issues and stuff, and in addition I don't really feel like I know enough about my industry to get into conversations with people, or know the questions to ask others about their work. So as I stand around alone while everyone else chats, I feel like even more of a failure, and massively dependent on the few people I do know, and like I'm clinging onto them.

And finally, it's been yet another week of thinking about Dad, tears and guilt. We're finally getting the ball rolling with sorting out the estate, but it still feels like a huge weight on my shoulders.

So the week is kinda depressing, butI'd rather post videos of songs that I need to help me out of it rather than remind me how crap it is.

So here goes:

Modest Mouse - Float On

Shit happens, but you'll cope, you'll get through it.



Jimmy Eat World - The Middle

For the lyrics: "Don't write yourself off yet, It's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on, Just try your best, Try everything you can, And don't you worry what they tell themselves when you're away"

I particularly like the end of this video, which is basically about standing your ground, being true to yourself and not conforming to something you don't believe in or want to do.



Myfanwy

This was played at the end of Dad's funeral, and has probably been sung by every Welsh choir going, as well as quite a few Welsh bands and singers.


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Sunday, 31 March 2013

Playlist of the Week

Tell us how your week went by putting together a playlist of songs that represent it.
Daily Prompt

My week has been one of forgetfulness, awkwardness and general rubbishness. I've been forgetting about doing basic things, a haircut appointment, and all the things people rely on me for. I used to be a reliable and responsible person, but I don't feel that way much now. I don't feel like a person who can help anyone with something they're going through, or a person who can do anyone a favour even. And the worse I get, the more I give myself a hard time, and then I get even worse, and so on.

I also had a couple of work events to go to this week. Networking has never been one of my strong points what with shyness issues and stuff, and in addition I don't really feel like I know enough about my industry to get into conversations with people, or know the questions to ask others about their work. So as I stand around alone while everyone else chats, I feel like even more of a failure, and massively dependent on the few people I do know, and like I'm clinging onto them.

And finally, it's been yet another week of thinking about Dad, tears and guilt. We're finally getting the ball rolling with sorting out the estate, but it still feels like a huge weight on my shoulders.

So the week is kinda depressing, butI'd rather post videos of songs that I need to help me out of it rather than remind me how crap it is.

So here goes:

Modest Mouse - Float On

Shit happens, but you'll cope, you'll get through it.



Jimmy Eat World - The Middle

For the lyrics: "Don't write yourself off yet, It's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on, Just try your best, Try everything you can, And don't you worry what they tell themselves when you're away"

I particularly like the end of this video, which is basically about standing your ground, being true to yourself and not conforming to something you don't believe in or want to do.



Myfanwy

This was played at the end of Dad's funeral, and has probably been sung by every Welsh choir going, as well as quite a few Welsh bands and singers.


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home